1. Huiliang Liu, Xiang Shi, Jiancheng Wang, Linke Yin, Zhenying Huang, Daoyuan Zhang*. Effects of sand burial, soil water content and distribution pattern of seeds in sand on seed germination and seedling survival of Eremosparton songoricum (Fabaceae), a rare species inhabiting the moving sand dunes of the Gurbantunggut Desert of China. Plant and Soil, 2011, 345:69-87.
2. Huiliang Liu, Ye Tao, Dong Qiu, Daoyuan Zhang*, Yongkuan Zhang. Effects of artificial sand fixing on community characteristics of a rare desert shrub. Conservation Biology, 2013, 27: 1011-1019.
3. Huiliang Liu, Buhailiqiemu Abudureheman, Jerry M. Baskin, Carol C. Baskin, Daoyuan Zhang*. Seed development in the rare cold desert sand dune shrub Eremosparton songoricum and a comparison with other papilionoid legumes. Plant Species Biology, 2016, 31: 169-177.
4. Huiliang Liu, Buhailiqiemu Abudureheman, Lingwei Zhang, Jerry M. Baskin, Carol C. Baskin, Daoyuan Zhang*. Seed dormancy-breaking in a cold desert shrub in relation to sand temperature and moisture. AOB Plants, 2017, PLX003.
5. Yanfeng Chen, Lingwei Zhang, Xiang Shi, Ying Ban, Huiliang Liu*, Daoyuan Zhang. 2019. Life history responses of spring-and autumn-germinated ephemeral plants to increased nitrogen and precipitation in the Gurbantunggut Desert. Science of the Total Environment, 659: 756-763.